- See also: Marine Encyclopedia (Endless Ocean)
The Marine Encyclopedia is a key item in Endless Ocean: Blue World that allows the player to access detailed information about various species of creatures falling under various different categories, based on what environments the creatures are generally found in.
Compared to Endless Ocean's Encyclopedia, the Blue World Encyclopedia is considerably more detailed than in the first game, with more species of sea life categorized and with more extensive information about them, totaling to approximately 353 creatures (328 without legendaries). There are also 24 more legendary creatures in this encyclopedia than there are in the first game, with a greater amount of variety in the species that make up the legendary creatures.
List of Categories
In Endless Ocean: Blue World, the Marine Encyclopedia is divided into eight categories, each detailing particular types of creatures:
- Coral-Reef Life houses creatures commonly found in coral reef environments, such as the emperor angelfish.
- Small Marine Life houses creatures commonly found under glow spots, such as the false clown anemonefish.
- Large Marine Life houses a wide variety of creatures generally around a meter or longer in length, such as the great white shark.
- Dolphins and Whales houses species of dolphins and whales, such as the bottlenose dolphin.
- Deep-Sea Life houses common species of deep-sea creatures, such as the giant squid.
- Shore Life houses species of birds, penguins, seals and other similar shore creatures, such as the emperor penguin.
- Freshwater Life houses species of creatures found only in the Cortica River, such as the spectacled caiman.
- Other Fauna houses creatures that do not fall under any other specific category, such as various species of starfish, sea slugs, jellyfish, legendaries, and more.